Mite Division Rules
2021-2022 ROCKIT WINTER BASKETBALL LEAGUE MITE GAME RULES
All Games at RockIt Sports
MITE PLAYING RULES
- All teams are to be ready to play at least 10 minutes prior to posted game time.
- 2 coaches, 1 scorekeeper allowed on the bench.
- 28.5 balls and 9’ baskets will be used (unless both coaches agree beforehand to raise baskets).
- 5 minute warm-up time.
- Games will consist of two (2) twenty-minute halves. It will be a running clock the entire game. 3-minute halftime.
- No full-court press is allowed.
- Man-to-man defense is required.
- Each team will be allowed two (2) one-minute timeouts per half. One additional timeout will be awarded to each team in overtime. Any timeouts remaining from regulation may NOT be used during overtime.
- There will be shooting fouls. Players will be allowed to take 2 steps forward for the FT shot (tape on the floor). The game clock will run continuously.
- Any player assessed five (5) fouls will foul out of the game.
- A one-and-one foul shot will be awarded after the tenth team foul in a half. Second-half team fouls will carry over into overtime.
- The first overtime period will be sudden death… the first team to score, wins.
- Home Team will sit under “HOME” bench and wear white.
- Visiting Team will sit under “GUEST” bench and wear blue.
- All coaches are responsible for the actions of their players, assistant coaches, and parents. League Director will address any complaints or concerns.