Mite Division (2nd-3rd)
Max Dewitt Mite
2020-2021 ROCKIT WINTER BASKETBALL LEAGUE MITE GAME RULES
DECEMBER 4, 2020 – FEBRUARY 26, 2021 (FRIDAYS: 6:15pm/7:15pm/8:15pm)
All Games at RockIt Sports
MITE PLAYING RULES
- All teams are to be ready to play at least 5 minutes prior to posted game time. Coaches and players are required to sit together (socially distanced) in a designated area prior. Masks must be worn.
- 2 coaches, 1 scorekeeper, and 1 team parent are allowed into the gym!
- 28.5 balls and 9’ baskets will be used.
- The first 10 mins will be used as a warm-up/practice time.
- Games will consist of two (2) twenty-minute halves. It will be a running clock for the entire game. 3-minute halftime.
- No full-court press is allowed.
- Man-to-man defense required.
- Each team will be allowed two (2) one-minute timeout per half. One additional timeout will be awarded to each team in overtime. Any timeouts remaining from regulation may NOT be used during overtime.
- There will be shooting fouls. Players will be allowed to take 2 steps forward for the FT shot (tape on the floor). The game clock will run continuously.
- Any player assessed five (5) fouls will foul out of the game.
- A one-and-one foul shot will be awarded after the tenth team foul in a half. Second-half team fouls will carry over into overtime.
- The first overtime period will be sudden death…the first team to score wins.
ADDITIONAL RULES: ALL DIVISIONS
- Both the Home Team and Visiting Team will provide a scorebook keeper. Scorebooks will be provided by RockIt at the scorer’s table at all game locations.
- At the conclusion of each game, the final score should be recorded in ROCKIT NOTEBOOK provided at the scorer’s table. Coaches - please input the final score into your Team Snap as well.
- Persons sitting at the scorer’s table are expected to be professional and courteous! A technical foul shall be assessed, if necessary.
- The Home Team will sit under the “HOME” bench and wear white.
- The Visiting Team will sit under the “GUEST” bench and wear blue.
- Players must wear the RockIt reversible jersey. Jerseys must be tucked in. Violations may result in a technical foul.
- Only Exception: AAU teams that have organizational issued uniforms can wear their own gear. Every AAU player on their designated team must wear the same uniform.
- All outside teams, playing time, and substitutions are determined by your coach.
- For RockIt members playing on RockIt REC teams, playing time should be equally distributed amongst all players for the first 35 minutes of the game. The last 5 minutes will be determined by the coach. If you have issues or concerns, please direct your complaints to Lisa Woodson, League Director.
- Only 2 coaches allowed on the bench. 1 team parent (MITE Division Only) allowed on the bench to help players.
- Masks must be worn.
- Only one coach is permitted to stand during the game. Any other coach must remain seated, except during timeouts. The first violation of this rule will result in a warning. The second violation of this rule will result in a technical foul.
- The Head Coach is required to record the final score at the scorer’s table. Division scores and standings will be updated once all scores from that Division are received.
- All coaches are responsible for the actions of their players, assistant coaches, and parents. League Director will address any complaints or concerns.